Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ser Fleming - Knight of Lakeview, Chicago

Recently, I've found that reading has really helped ease my morning sickness.  Anyone close to me knows that I am a HUGE book nerd, so this was a welcome discovery.  In the past week, I've plowed through the entire Hunger Game trilogy (for the second time), reread old childhood favorites Tuck Everlasting and The Giver, and started on The Game of Thrones.  Yes, that is thousands upon thousands of pages I've read in about six days - I'm hoping this thirst for reading stays around through my final quarter of classes this Fall.

All of this reading has caused a problem - well two, I decided I really need a library card with the speed I'm going through these books, and to get a library card, I need an Illinois ID, and well, that's a whole other story for another day.  The big problem is that I am having the most intense, crazy, and exhausting dreams!  Every night, I feel like I spend the entire night dreaming about running from hunters and drinking crazy potions that make me life forever.  The living forever dream was especially scary because I was going to live forever as a pregnant woman - ahh!  That's some 19 Kids and Counting scary crap there!

My current book, The Game of Thrones, also an HBO television series, is currently filling my dreams, er nightmares, as of late.  It is set in the time of knights, dragons, royalty, and crazy magic.  Last night, I spent the entire night fighting off creatures that looked a lot like Orks from Lord of the Rings.  All of this fighting was done on horseback in full armour with a HUGE pregnant belly.  I woke up grabbing my stomach thinking maybe I had popped overnight - big sigh of relief that I hadn't.

Maybe it's time to start reading some romance novels or something a little less heavy.  I don't think I can take many more nights of AK Pregnant Warrior.

xoxo
AK

p.s.  Baby, you are the worst kept secret ever!  Our friends have all seen through our awful lies and distractions and know that you are coming.  They could not be more excited.  While holding your future friend, Connor, last week, I whispered to him that you were on the way, and he kicked his feet and blew bubbles.  Everybody already loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment