Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I wanna give a shout out to my baby!

This past weekend, B and I traveled down to Austin, TX, for a wedding.  I was nervous about the trip because of two things.  Number one:  Texas has been ridiculously hot this summer.  A woman I used to work with actually said, "I'm going to rent out my house here in Texas and move to Hell for the summer because I'm sure it's more comfortable there."  Um.  Awesome.  Number two:  I wanted to be able to eat all the food that I've been missing from there, and AB has not been making eating fun.  Well, how do you think it went?

Problem number one:

Yeah, that says 108.  The heat was killer and exhausting.  With the wind blowing, it felt like walking around in a huge blow dryer.  I can't believe we used to live in that.  So, yeah, that turned out to be a big problem for pregnant me.

Problem number two:




Yeah, problem number two was not a problem at all!  Huge shout out to AB for letting me get my grub on!  Chuys, Lamberts, wedding cake, Franks, Taco Cabana, and Rudy's - conquered!  Those pounds I lost in the first trimester were gained back in the first two hours off the plane.  B kept high fiving my belly everytime I told him I was hungry.

The weekend was amazing.  It was so full of celebrations between our good news and our friends' wedding, that I felt like my heart was going to burst wide open.  When I left the reception to get some beauty sleep in the hotel room, I had to massage my cheeks.  I had been smiling so much, they actually hurt!  More than ever, I'm thankful for our amazing Texas family.

We're off to Michigan tomorrow night to enjoy the end of summer with B's parents at their lake cottage.  Let's hope AB gives a repeat performance!

xoxo
AK

p.s.  Baby, I can't wait for you to visit Texas with us someday to meet our friends and see where Mama and Daddy fell in love and started our life together.  It was in that little house in Cedar Park where we first starting talking about you, and now here you are, making your way to us.  I can't wait for you to wear your first pair of cowboy boots!

No comments:

Post a Comment