Thursday, September 1, 2011

Madden F.

What a crazy week!  Last Wednesday, B and I left to spend a long weekend at Family F's lake cottage up in Michigan.  The weather was beautiful, AB gave a repeat VIP performance allowing me to eat everything in sight, and Daisy got her fill of rolling in the sand for hours on end.  So much cuter when it's someone else's house she's tracking that sand into....


We finally got some sun on our pale city folk faces and totally relaxed for the first time since our honeymoon over two years ago.  Seeing B not able to connect to the internet was amazing.  I'm not sure he would agree, but I think his fingers were happy to not be scrolling through email on his phone the entire time.  All in all, it was a fabulous time spent with fabulous people, and I can't wait to visit again as a family of three...er four (sorry, Daisy)...next summer!


In baby news, we've got a peach this week!  AB is the size of a peach and is developing vocal cords.  The little things like that just amaze me.  I got out of taking Sex Ed in high school by taking two cooking classes instead, so maybe I missed out on this lesson, but I didn't realize how all of these body parts and systems developed.  I always thought of babies as being these tiny complete humans (that look like the prize in the King Cake) that just have to grow bigger inside the womb until they can survive.  Thanks a lot McCutcheon High School for failing to make me memorize things like at which week does a baby begin to create their own waste, and where do it go?

B's 33rd birthday is on Monday, and for his present, he decided he wanted the new Madden football game for his Playstation II.  Having the past few days off from work, he's been playing this new game a lot, and gets into quite a trance while doing so.  Tonight while watching him slip glaze eyed into video game heaven, I casually suggested that we name the baby Madden F.  Without missing a tackle, he said, "Uh-huh, sure, honey."  That was too easy.  Next time I see that face Mama is asking for a new pair of Seven jeans!

xoxo
AK

p.s.  Baby, I will never understand why Daddy decided he would rather play fake football when there is real college and pro football on tv right now.  I think it just shows that Mama is a better fan, and that you would be smart to cheer for the Hoosiers and Da Bears!

No comments:

Post a Comment