Friday, September 16, 2011

Boom Puddy

When I was little, my mom used to read a book to me where a little boy (some sort of animal?) had to go to the doctor, and the doctor listened to his heart.  In the book, his heart sounded like "boom puddy, boom puddy, boom boom boom."  Through the years, we've used that phrase so many times, and I even have caught myself saying it to B.  Sitting in the doctor's office yesterday waiting for her to find the baby's heartbeat, it went through my head over and over.  "Boom puddy, boom puddy, boom boom boom."

I was so focused on the booms and the puddies that all the sudden when the real heartbeat filled the room I suddenly burst into tears.  It was such an amazing sound, and more than anything, I wished that B could've been there to hear it with me.  It sounded more like "whoosha whoosha whoosa" than "boom puddy", but it was still the most beautiful sound I've heard in my entire life.

"Whoosha whoosha whoosha" sounded a whole lot like "I love you, and I can't wait to meet you."

xoxo
ak

p.s.  Baby, I may have started crying this morning when my favorite pair of jeans didn't button all the way.  So, I bought a belly band which allows me to unbutton my pants and use the band to hold them up.  I'm pretty sure it's the most amazing invention ever.  I think you will get used to seeing Mommy wear it out for large sushi dinners and on holidays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment