Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Nurse, I got a bone to pick with you!

Last week I had to go into the doctor's office and spend two hours of my life doing a glucose test.  It involved getting my blood drawn three separate times and downing a bottle of the grossest orange liquid ever.  (Unfairly, the liquid was the exact color of McDonald's Orange Drink but tasted nothing like that wonderful nectar.)  Anyways, during this extended stay, one of the nurses was telling me that pregnant women have amazing immune systems and rarely get the flu or bad colds.  I was like that's awesome because it never fails that I get a really bad cold right before or right after the holidays.  How great to finally get something out of this pregnancy other than a second chin and the ability to eat an entire sleeve of Ritz crackers with peanut butter.

So, why did I wake up yesterday with the absolute WORST COLD I'VE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE?!?!  Where is that nurse when I can't breathe without blowing my nose every three minutes and coughing up stuff that looks exactly like slime from Double Dare?  I can't wait to go into that office next week and tell her what I think of her super pregnant immune system idea!  That cold was just waiting for me to let down my guard so it could attack! 

On the bright side, I've eaten almost an entire super sized bag of Skittles.  I'm pretty sure my mom used to say "starve a fever, feed a cold."  This cold is going to get fed right out of my body.  See ya!

xoxo
AK

p.s.  Baby, Daddy and Daisy are the BEST team of caretakers when you're sick.  Daddy makes sure you take your medicine and are eating right, and Daisy snuggles right up next to you all day and smothers you with kisses.  It's hard not to feel better after just a few hours of that!  I hope you're not in there sneezing - although the thought of that is a little adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment