Wednesday, January 4, 2012

30 5/7 Weeks - I'm Back!

Does anyone else feel like I've been pregnant for like two years?  How do those African Elephants do it?  Two years without a glass of red wine and a spicy tuna sushi roll?  Wowee.

So, I'm back from my fabulous two week holiday vacation and life is already crazy.  Work started yesterday, class starts tonight, and I barely fit into my maternity clothes anymore.  This morning I took down all of our Christmas decorations.  It always makes me sad in the heart to do this, but our tree was so dead that the ornaments were seriously throwing themselves off of it.  They would rather plummet to their certain death than spend one more minute on that dry fire hazard of a tree. 



This picture is at my parents' house.  That tree in the background was about 12 feet tall and gorgeous!

So.....Christmas.  It really was wonderful.  We visited two states and families (only one puking dog in the car mishap), ate three Christmas dinners, and received more presents than we really deserved.  Squash was a real trooper through the week only sending me to bed once when either a hand or a foot was wedged in my ribcage making breathing pretty difficult.  I think he/she was lulled into a food coma a majority of the time because I was eating everything in sight.  I learned that my big belly is an awesome shelf for bowls of ice cream and bottles of pop (caffeine free only, B!).  I couldn't stop thinking about how next Christmas will be so incredibly different.  Squash will be with us and around nine months old.  We barely had room to bring back just our presents - not sure how we'll manage next year with a backseat full of baby and dog.  I'm sure squash won't get very many presents - there's just NO way that she will be incredibly spoiled ;-) 

Somehow we made it home in one piece and vegged out for three full days on the couch.  We tried to do things that won't be possible once we have a newborn, like watch three movies in a row on Starz stopping only to eat some extremely unhealthy food, sleeping in until 11 AM, and showering only to put our pajamas right back on.  It was amazing.  This was all capped off with our final NYE party where we don't have to worry about finding a babysitter.



Don't worry, Mom, it's only Pellegrino in my wine glass.  I drank the crap out of that sparkling water and somehow made it all the way to midnight without sneaking off to take a nap.  Check out this sweet picture of squash getting his/her first New Years kiss from the Chicago aunts...



Hope everyone's holidays were as fabulous as ours were!  Here's to a happy and healthy 2012 - a year we're sure never to forget!!

xoxo
AK

p.s.  Baby, a dear member of Grandma and Grandpa F's family passed away this week.  Their 15 year old dog, Snickers, is now in doggy heaven probably taking a nap on the back of a chair in the sun.  Here's what I want you to learn from Snickers, baby:  Never give up.  Even if eight people tell you no, keep reaching for that piece of food on the table you really want (or whatever it is that's important in your life- for Snickers that was food).  I hope you love animals as much as your Daddy and I do, baby, they can teach you so much about life that oftentimes humans can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment