Wednesday, January 11, 2012

An open letter to the Red Line riders...

Dear Red Line riders:

Last night when I got on the Red Line at the Jackson stop after work, I didn't care that nobody offered me a seat.  My tailbone aches these days, and standing is actually preferable to sitting on those hard train seats.  I did care when a man clearly well into his 70s perhaps close to 80 stepped onto the train and you still didn't budge.  Are you so tired after your 9 to 5 job that you couldn't stand up for just a few more minutes to let this man (who was wearing some sort of Veterans hat by the way) sit down?  I looked around the train in frustration trying to make eye contact with someone else who saw this happen, but all of your noses were buried too deep in your IPhones or Wall Street Journals to have even noticed.  It hurt my heart to see everyone so disconnected from the world around them.  Shame on all of you.

AK

No comments:

Post a Comment