Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Let's Go Bulls!

On Monday night instead of watching the most boring National Championship ever, we went to squash's first Bulls game versus the Pistons.  Let me just say that while the food was incredibly pregnancy friendly (nachos with as many jalapenos as you want, pretzels, and peanuts!!!), the seats were the absolute worst thing evvvvvver.  Luckily I had an aisle seat so that when the people in our row had to leave for the bathroom or a beer run, I could get my huge belly out of the way.  While the seats were uncomfortable (I"m pretty sure they're uncomfortable even if you're not 8 months pregnant), I was feeling awesome and had a great time.  That's why I was surprised at some of the thinly veiled reactions I received.  Here are just a few.

Reaction #1 (women's bathroom):  After leaving a stall and walking up to the sink to wash my hands, a woman grabs her child and presses them up against the wall to make way for me.  While I know she meant well, it was a little extreme.  It made her look like she either thought her or her daughter might catch "the pregnancy" from me, or that she was afraid I couldn't control my huge body and might fall over on them and suffocate them.

Reaction #2  (walking up the aisle to our seats):  I have never seen so many pity looks in my life!  Yo, people, I can still climb stairs - and there were only 8!  They seemed to be shooting glares at B like he forced me to make this hard long journey to our seats when in reality, I was the one wearing the Bulls hat and already screaming "Noah, get your head in the game!!!"

Reaction #3  (near the bar area):  Disgust.  Girls in thigh high boots with leather leggings and extremely blond hair stare at me like I belong in the beluga whale tank at the zoo.  Sorry if me and my pregnancy hormones stood too close to you and your glass of wine.  By the way, why don't you learn to drink beer - it's a basketball game!

Good for me, the Bulls killed the Pistons (poor B had an awful couple of days in Detroit sports), and we made it safely home without squash offending or worrying anyone else.  Whew, being in public is exhausting!


Daisy wanted to feel squash kicking.




xoxo
AK

p.s.  Baby, we are currently searching for a new apartment.  Everything about it revolves around you.  Is there room for your play mat somewhere in the living room?  How many stairs will we have to carry the stroller up?  Are there any other babies around that we can make your BFFs?  Is there a bar nearby that delivers drinks for those long long nights?  Priorities, baby, get them straight!

No comments:

Post a Comment