Thursday, October 27, 2011

It's a little bit funny...this feeling insiiiiiide

Yes, the title is a line from an Elton John song that is currently on the list of songs that are making me cry along with:

"Someone Like You"  Adele (ok, this song is a little stalkerish, but please, Adele, never get happy!  Your pain is our gain!)
"Brighter Than Sunshine"  Aqualung (yes, I made the mistake of listening to B and I's first dance song in my weakened emotional state...4 times in a row just this morning)
"The Itsy-Bitsy Spider"  (ok, I'm not even going to try and explain this one)

What I really wanted to talk about when I wrote that title was cantaloupe's gymnastic abilities of late.  Elton John was on the right track because it's more than a little bit funny, this feeling inside!  I think we may have the next Mary Lou Retton (She's a 10!) baking inside of me for all of the somersaults and flips I've been feeling lately.  When there is even the slightest sign of movement (which sometimes sadly just turns out to be gas), I stop everything I'm doing and just sit as still as possible until it's over.  I can't concentrate on anything while the Cirque du Soleil is performing....not work, definitely not homework, and least of all any story that B is trying to tell me (p.s. he tells the LONGEST stories ever).  All I can do is sit there and think "holy crap, there is really something living in there - I don't just have a large bee sting on my belly!"  I think a classmate of mine whose wife is also pregnant summed it up best last night when he said "there is a parasite inside of you - I have no idea how you even have the brainpower to get out of bed in the morning."

Hopefully cantaloupe gets a little bit stronger soon so B can feel everything from the outside.  I hate not being able to share this with him yet, but then again, he didn't share those 18 weeks of morning sickness with me either, maybe I deserve this all to myself for just a little bit.

xoxo
AK

p.s.  Baby, when you are 12 months old, we are going to have you hang from a broom by your hands to test your gymnastic potential.  This is what the Romanians do.  They also ship their kids off to live at the gym when they're like 5, but we still have some time to think about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment