Tuesday, October 4, 2011

One Week Anniversary!

To best explain the first seventeen weeks of my pregnancy, I will quote my favorite tv dad of all time.

"It was the most I ever threw up, and it changed my life forever."  Homer Simpson

Yes, Homer, I couldn't have said it better myself.  But today is not a day to look back on those dark days.  Today is a day to celebrate!  It has been exactly one week since the last time I wasted $12 on a Corner Bakery panini only to lose it later in the day.  I've turned some sort of corner, and knock on wood, I'm feeling pretty good!  Ok, I'm still heavily medicated with nauseau meds, but now they're actually working!  Ahh to feel like a human being again.  B and I even left the house for three seperate social events over the weekend.  I mean, who do I think I am?

I never thought I would be so happy to stop carrying my travel sized toothbrush and toothpaste in my life.  Thanks, future Fleming, for giving Momma a break. 

xoxo
AK

p.s.  Baby, we registered for everything we think we're going to need to take care of you at Babies R Us and The Land of Nod on Saturday.  It only took us 2 1/2 hours and several frantic phone calls and texts to my one lucky friend who is already a mother.  When we got home, we put our feet up and pulled out a newborn diaper and wondered at the tiny size of it.  How does something that small need so much stuff to take care of it?  I grew up on a farm, and baby pigs just came out and started walking around and hanging out all "what's up" and stuff.  Humans are so much work, but I know you'll be worth it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment