Monday, July 11, 2011

Crazy Happy

When I walked out of the bathroom holding the test, and handed it to Brad, he had tears in his eyes and said, "Is there pee on this?"  I honestly don't think I could've planned a better reaction.  He later clarified that they were happy tears, of course, and not tears because he was holding a stick that had my pee on it.

In the anxiety filled months leading up to this moment, I would sit and daydream about the ultra creative way I would tell him once I knew for sure.  In one fantasy, I taught Daisy a new trick to "show Daddy where the baby was", and in another I baked a cake in the shape of a baby for dessert (gross).  Unfortunately, right on schedule, like clockwork, I was visited by my monthly friend and reminded that these were indeed just fantasies.

On the day that it actually happened I was weirdly calm, and I just wandered out in my pajamas and said, "I think I know why I've been so weird lately."

I am excited/nervous/scared/overjoyed/heart beyond overflowing with joy for this next adventure in our life.  I knew that we had too much gosh darn love and awesomness between the two of us, and that we would have to be blessed with someone else (besides, Daisy of course) to share it all with.

The first thing I thought about when I read the test was, "I can't wait to take this little one to the library and read him/her books."  That's my very first memory of my own mom, and I'd love to be remembered in that way someday.

Love,
AK

p.s.  Baby, you are making it entirely too difficult for Mama to finish her Thesis Proposal this week.  I love that I will always associate finding out about you coming into our lives when I work on this project throughout the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment