Monday, July 18, 2011

oh boy - here we go

Today I'm battling morning sickness.  I feel like I spent all night out at the bars without any of the fun memories.  In a way ( a really strange and twisted way), I welcome this feeling.  It's really the first time that I've felt pregnant.  Like that little raspberry (almost an olive on Wednesday), is actually in there.  It's just too bad that there's not room for that little raspberry and some breakfast.

I've been continuing my yoga and pilates practice since the big discovery, and enjoyed a nice chat with my instructor on Saturday.  I clued her in last week just to make sure that everything I'm doing on the mat is cool with the raspberry.  Basically, she's keeping me in line.  When I told her I've started to get longer bouts of nauseau lately, she said, "you will be really sick, and it will suck, and there will be nothing you can do about it."  Wow, Ms. Instructor, thank you very much for that inspiring speech.  Good thing she's not leading an army into battle or anything.  Then, she followed it up with, "BUT, you will grit your teeth, and you will smile, and you will make it through because you are a resiliant human being."  Now, that's better.

There are millions of women going through this at the same time as me every single day.  That's such a comforting thought.  I'm not the only woman out there trying to keep it together on a crowded EL car that has broken air conditioning and way too many smelly people stuffed into it.  So, I just clutch my little bag of Swedish Fish (the only thing staying down in my stomach right now), and remember that I am resisliant.

xoxo
AK

p.s.  Baby, your Daddy kissed you through my belly for the first time last night.  He is so excited to meet you.  He's taking good care of us, and even drove to pick up Wingstop for dinner last night.  We are so lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment