Wednesday, July 20, 2011

good morning, olive

Today, our baby is the size of a green olive.  If I didn't find the thought of green olives repulsing right now, this would be really charming.  9 weeks.  Keeping secrets makes the time go by slowly.

This week, a heat wave has arrived in Chicago, and doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.  I know I really shouldn't complain since this was normal weather all summer long when we were living in Texas, but there are some big differences:

1.  While living in Texas, I worked a soul sucking advertising job that rarely let me see the sunshine.  I never left for lunch, so I didn't experience much weather on weekdays other than walking to and from my car every morning and night.
2.  Duh, I wasn't pregnant when we lived there.  I can't shake this exhaustion, and hot days and nights do not help keep my eyes open.  (I successfully fell asleep at my desk this morning for at least three minutes without anyone noticing.)
3.  I now take public transportation to and from work instead of driving.  I love the CTA, but there seriously needs to be a car specifically for moms-to-be that is free of foul smelling body odor and perfumes.  Also, the air conditioning should at least sort of work when it's above 85 degrees outside.

So, there you go.  No matter how many 100 degree days I managed to live through in Texas, a Chicago heat wave is a whole other beast.  What other city has dense fog on a 85 degree day that closes down all of the lakefront beaches followed up by a late night thunderstorm that actually made it hotter outside?  Chicago you are killing me.  Green olive and I do not approve.

xoxo
AK

p.s.  Baby, Grandma F brought you your first present yesterday!  I spent several minutes holding those little outfits thinking about the day you will be here to fill them out.  You will defintely be one well dressed munchkin.

No comments:

Post a Comment