Sunday, November 20, 2011

24 weeks!

Man, I look like I need a good night's sleep, don't I?  Or maybe just a new bronzer.  I'm having trouble accepting this shade of pale.


I turned in my final project for my Fall Quarter class on Wednesday.  SO glad to be done with that class, but knowing I have two more classes to conquer before papaya makes his or her big debut makes me want to cry.  I know I can do it, but can I do it and still maintain my 4.0 GPA?  B is going to throw something against the wall when he reads that.  I can't help that I"m an overachiever.  Won't it be great when I'm as dedicated to changing diapers and making the perfect bottle as I am currently to my schoolwork?  I'm going to score an A+ in rocking papaya to sleep because I won't settle for less.  I'm sure someone will knock on the door one day and say, "Oh my, that baby has perfectly combed hair and smells like just the right mix of baby powder and vanilla.  Here's your blue ribbon!"  What?  That's not how raising kids works?  Let me live in my overachiever dreamworld just a little longer. 

Speaking of dreamworlds, I made the mistake of going to see "Breaking Dawn" in the theatre with my girlfriends today.  For those of you who know what that is, I know I'm about 10 years older than the target demographic for the vampire romance, but I can't resist cheesy crap like that.  It's just so light and requires no thought even when it's trying to be dark and complicated.  Anyways, y'all, there is an insane birth scene in this movie that rivals the one I accidentally watched on National Geographic a couple weeks ago.  Let's just say it involved ridiculous amounts of screaming and the baby's father using his teeth to get the baby out.  My friends said they looked over and thought my eyes were going to pop out of my head and/or I was going to throw up.  So glad B is not a vampire and that we're pretty sure papaya is 100% human....

xoxo
AK

p.s.  Baby, Daddy felt you moving for the first time this week.  We could see your little feet or fists moving against my belly, and it was the most amazing thing ever.  You are getting SO strong.  I'm convinced you're in there practicing your Irish dancing....I'm housing the next Lord of the Dance in my belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment