Monday, November 7, 2011

Library Baby!

I'm working away on a paper that's due on Wednesday at the library right now.  A guy I met in a class last year just walked past me carrying the most adorable little baby boy in a Baby Bjorn.  That little guy is just smiling and kicking his feet - he is so happy to be at the library! Now they are walking up and down the aisles gathering books and baby boy is squealing with delight.  I only hope my baby will be that excited surrounded by books.  I would like nothing more than for cantaloupe to be a big book nerd like me.  Yes, I'm weird.  Pre-pregnancy, when my mind was actually working, I loved school, taking classes, doing my course readings, participating in debates, going to the library for entire days, etc.  Is it too much to ask that our kid takes after me in that department? 

I can't get over how cute this kid is - I can just see myself now walking around some library in the future with a baby strapped to my chest working on my Doctorate.  Ha - just kidding - B, is probably shooting himself right now.

xoxo
AK

p.s.  Baby, I cried over getting a B+ on a paper last week.  That is ridiculous.  I will never put the type of pressure I put on myself on you.  If you get straight C's in school but kick some butt at making grilled cheese or painting self portraits using only your feet, I will be overjoyed.  I only want you to find something that makes you happy.  Hopefully for the near future, Daddy and I will be that something :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment