Tuesday, November 15, 2011

So Thankful!

B and I have been talking alot this month about being thankful for what we have and our wonderful life together.  Everyday we try to share one thing that we are thankful for with each other.  Usually it goes something like this:

AK:  I am thankful for bagels because they taste really good.
B:  I am thankful for having Daisy in our lives because she has really taught us what unconditional love is all about.

He. always. wins.

I think maybe he should start going first so that I know how high the bar is set.  Today, I do want to share something (really someone) that I am extremely thankful for (and no, I'm not going to say Ryan Gosling although I do very much enjoy looking at him).  B and I, are so lucky and thankful to have two very special people in our lives, our good friends, J and C.  See photo below:


J has been my closest and most trusted friend and confidant since we were just fourteen year old girls waiting on our rides after cheerleading camp.  We've been through proms, college graduation, a handful of close calls with the law (just kidding, Mom), several awful haircuts, and just plain learning how to grow up together.  She was the one who introduced me to B, the only boy I dated that she EVER approved of.  Now, as you can see, we're also going through impending motherhood together.  There is no one in the world I would want to be going through this with other than her.  Whether it's been a shoulder to cry on when I couldn't fit into my last pair of real jeans anymore or simply someone to share heartbeat stats with after an appointment who actually understands why it's exciting, she has been there. 

The reaction from friends when they found out we were both expecting was hilarious and said with a sarcastic eye roll.  "Of course you're both pregnant - you've always done everything together."  It's true, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

xoxo
AK

p.s.  Baby, I can only hope and wish that someday you will have a friend in your life like Aunt J.  You will need someone you trust to tell you if your cologne is too strong or your skirt is too short, and of course Momma won't know ANYTHING!  Oh, having a friend like that will relieve so much of your angst in the years to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment