Wednesday, November 30, 2011

UFC Fighting Champion

25 weeks and 4/7, and eggplant is getting really strong.  Like REALLY strong.  Eggplant is in there preparing for his or her first UFC cage match I think - probably jumping rope, eating raw eggs, and listening to "Eye of the Tiger".  Last night B and I were sitting on the couch enjoying our nightly popsicles and I could not stop watching my stomach move all over the place.  For 15 straight minutes, I sustained punches and kicks until finally I told eggplant to knock it off.  "It's time for bed, little baby," I said.  Then, I made the mistake of trying to sing it a lullabye.  I barely got out the first verse of Rockabye Baby before I got a swift kick right to the middle of my stomach.  B said, "Whoa."

Now, baby, I'm not sure if you were just trying to show me who the boss is, or if you really didn't like my singing, but I have never seen your Daddy laugh so hard in my life.  (Just for the record, I was in Honors Choir in elementary school and participated in Circle the State With Song two years in a row, so I've got some vocal skills - so there, baby!)  After a long and exhausting holiday weekend, it was such a great moment just sitting there on the couch laughing until we cried while eggplant tap danced shuffle-ball-changes all over my stomach.

xoxo
AK

p.s.  Baby, we are only three months away from seeing your little face.  I had a dream the other night that my Pappy was holding you and rocking you in a rocking chair on his front porch.  I woke up with tears of joy in my eyes because I know that he's up in heaven looking down and watching all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment