Thursday, February 9, 2012

BABIES!!!!!!!

I don't think I've mentioned this before, but I know someone who is having a baby every single month this year from January to July.  How crazy is that?!  I'm going from having one friend with a baby to like 8 in no time!  The first to give birth was my best friend in the world, J.  I already posted a picture of her adorable little boy last week.  We were lucky enough to make one final road trip last weekend to see the new family of three.


Please disregard my greasy hair (showering becomes less and less appealing the bigger I get), and check out how great J looks!  Like seriously??  This woman just had a baby a week and a half ago.  Just another reason to look up to her.  Since we were 14, she was the cute blond one and I was the funny brunette one.  I see no reason why this would change now. 

After our visit, I realized three things about babies.

1.  They smell good.  Like I want to eat their heads they smell so good! 
2.  They do things that make you laugh hard.  Four adults standing around can laugh for 15 minutes at the explosive passing of gas that comes out of a tiny baby.
3.  They are amazing.  That seriously came out of you, J?  I couldn't even make complete sentences holding her baby.  What am I going to do when it's my own?  I'm going to turn into a drooling weirdo that just stares at my baby all day long.

I am already totally in love with our baby and his/her debut is still four weeks away.  Whoa - four weeks!  I guess that kind of knocks "learn how to play drums", "perfect my risotto recipe" and "speak Spanish fluently" off my Things To Do Do Before The Baby Comes list.  Man - I really wanted to learn how to play the drums too.

xoxo
AK

p.s.  Baby, we washed all of your clothes with that special baby detergent so that they're all ready for you when you come.  I really hope you look good in the color yellow because that's about all we're going to have to work with for awhile.  Once you pop out and we get a peak at what gender you are, Momma will pop out and buy you some gender specific accessories.  The J. Crew Spring 2012 Lookbook is showing neon scarves as the accessory of choice for the ladies and skinny ties for the fellas.  Momma will hook you up, and you will rock all of those yellow duck outfits with sass!
AK

No comments:

Post a Comment