Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Today I am old.....er

So, today is my 31st birthday.  Seriously, where did the years go?  It seems like just yesterday I was showing off my brand new 21 year old ID to the bouncer at Kilroy's, who responded with "Hi, Annie!  You've been coming here for two years, and it's just now your 21st birthday?  Your fake was impeccable - I bow down to you."  (just kidding Mom and Dad....sort of)

Other than the obvious aches and pains that come with the final weeks of pregnancy, I'm having the best week ever!  One week ago was V-day, which B and I celebrated on Thursday with a trip to the Adler Planetarium (which hilariously was hosting a singles event and there I was beluga whale huge and not wearing a wedding ring due to swelling - I wish I would've got hit on) to see Mars through a telescope and do other really cool nerdy stuff that we love.  Then, on Saturday, B surprised me with tickets to see the musical American Idiot which we all three loved, especially watermelon because he or she happily kicked and shifted through all the rock music.  The fun continued on Sunday with a girls only brunch with my favorite Chicago girls where we stuffed our faces and gossiped for hours.  I seriously could not be feeling more blessed!  I am so lucky to have such amazing supportive people in my life!  CORNBALL EXPRESS!  ALL ABOARD!

At our last appointment, we found out that watermelon is in the heads down position and ready to go.  We got to have one last ultrasound just to check the size of the baby because I was a huge 10+ lb baby, and they wanted to make sure this little one was not tipping the scale in that direction as well.  We got to count the ten fingers and toes and see a little bit of hair on top of that head.  Then, they gave me a sealed copy of my chart to keep with me for when I go into labor and sent us on our way.  B headed home, and I headed to Corner Bakery to demolish a chopped salad. 

What happened next I am not proud of.

Sitting at my little table waiting for my salad, I felt like that sealed chart was calling to me.  "Open me, Annie.  I may tell you whether your baby is a boy or a girl.  I know you've waited patiently to find out, but really, do you want to wait another three weeks?"  Oh boy, this chart is calling me out.  Ummm...no, I don't want to wait, chart, I'm tired of waiting.  So, my willpower faded away and I ripped open that envelope, and guess what I found out??????

1.  They keep track of whether I am alone or whether my significant other is also in attendance.  That felt just a little judgy.
2.  My weight is not as bad as I thought. I loved looking at the two week weight gain of 11 lbs which obviously must've been the two weeks after my morning sickness went away and I ate our entire kitchen just because I could.
3.  Apparently, at one appointment, I cried about something?  I don't remember this, but they seemed to think it was important enough to note?
4.  My blood pressure has actually gotten better since I've been pregnant - woohoo MVP of blood pressure!
5.  And, what you're all waiting for....the baby is....A BABY! Haha - there was no mention of watermelon's sex in the chart. 

Phew.  Seriously I would've felt AWFUL if I had found out.  That's what I get for being a nosy 37 1/2 week pregnant lady!

Now off to celebrate my last birthday before I become a momma.  I'm totally going to stuff my face with some Taco Bell for lunch and then drool over clothes I can't fit into in my latest J. Crew catalogue.

xoxo
AK

p.s.  Baby, we 100% finalized your name over the weekend.  Now I wish I was having twins (one boy/one girl) because I love each choice so much and I want to use them both NOW!  It is top secret info until your birth, but I can share that no one will be surprised by our typical preppy style that overflows into pretty much everything we do.  Let's just say that your initials are going to look so awesome embroidered on your first cashmere sweater and/or lacrosse bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment